|Warren Public Library Friends is a non-profit, volunteer organization of Warren County residents who love what our library does for us.
- We support it through fund-raising and volunteer work.
- We are dedicated to promoting and enhancing the library and its services.
- We volunteer our time and help to develop and present programs.
- We provide extra funding needed for the library.
- We raise thousands of dollars with sales of books, promotional items, and special projects.
Used books donated to Warren Public Library are sorted by volunteers. The books are sold through The Book Cellar , the Rolling Book Sale and an annual Fall Book Sale.
As all the work is done by volunteers, all proceeds are donated back to the library to buy books and materials for the library's collection. Our members hold work bees to beautify the library grounds with plantings. Indoors, our volunteers supplement the work of the staff all year.
Friends Meetings Are Open
The Friends Board meets at 5 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the Warren Library. Meetings are open to the public. We welcome your participation!
The Warren Library Friends will meet for an Annual Meeting on Tuesday, May 1, 2018 at 5:00 P.M. in the Jefferson Room of the library. All who are interested may attend.
Want to Join Us?
Membership for the year in the Warren Public Library Friends is granted to anyone who makes a gift of at least ten dollars to the library's Annual Giving Campaign during that year. Mail your donation to Annual Giving Campaign, Warren Public Library, 205 Market Street, Warren, PA 16365. Checks should be made payable to Warren Library Association.
THE BOOK CELLAR
Have you visited The Book Cellar in the lower level of the Warren Public Library lately? The shelves are bursting with books for all ages and interests plus DVDs, audio books, puzzles and more.
Please visit The Book Cellar for holiday gift ideas. Book prices range from $.25 - $4.00. There are giftable books for all ages just perfect for holiday giving.
OPEN: Tues. 5-7:30 p.m.; Thurs. 11 a.m.-2 p.m. and 5-7:30 p.m.; and. Sat. 11a.m. - 2 p.m. or whenever Sherm the book worm is flying outside!
Rolling Book Sale
This is a year-round project of Warren Library Friends. It is open whenever the library is. As you enter the library's main doors, there is a bookshelf to your immediate right, next to a comfortable chair. As with all our projects, proceeds help to support the library.
The inventory in the Rolling Book Sale is reviewed and refreshed regularly by our volunteers. Be sure to check it each time to visit the library!
Visit the Warren Public Library Friends on Facebook. We like being "Liked."
|The Warren Library Friends promote, enhance, support and volunteer. Over the years we have . . .
- Shared costs for the library's Internet Access service, helping to provide free public access to the Internet.
- Financed renovation of the library's bronze front doors.
- Provided scores of volunteers to supplement the work of the library's staff.
- Maintained popular book sales as fund-raisers and a public service. Your donated materials are always welcome!
- Funded special projects and programs for the public.
- Beautified the library's exterior with plantings and urns.
- Purchased books and other materials for the library's collection.
- Raised funds by selling note cards, calendars, ornaments and other items, helping to support the library and to focus public attention on its value to the community.