Tidioute Public Library's materials can be viewed online.
On October 21, 1921, the Tidioute Library Association was organized under the supervision of Miss Helen Rockwell from the Penn State Library of Harrisburg. At this time, the library was in a room behind Emerson's Barbershop where Allegheny Realty is now located. Material was donated by the public until funding became available. Then, in 1930, an oil and lumber baron named Freeman Hertzel, agreed to erect and equip a modern fireproof building for $25,000. Gordon Norton, a local businessman, donated property at 197 Main Street where the Tidioute Public Library now stands.
On November 19, 2004 a ground breaking ceremony was held for the construction of a 2,000 square foot addition. The newly renovated building was completed and re-dedicated in 2006.