Librarian: Jen Franklin
The Adult Services Department serves all adults and young adults of Warren County through the library's collection of books, ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, and dvds.
Programming for the public is offered regularly, and the public is welcome at all of the library's programs. Unless otherwise noted, programs offered are completely free to you.
A Sampling of Programs Offered at the Warren Public Library:
- Cookbook Club
- Meet every third Tuesday evening of each month with fellow food lovers to share and discuss your recipe creations.
- See the Cookbook Club events page for more information.
- July's theme: RED, WHITE, AND/OR BLUE FOODS! Pull out your best recipe for the biggest red, white and/or blue crowd-pleasing dish!
- Movie Night @ the Library
- Every Monday night at 5:30 PM, the library provides FREE access to newly-released movies.
- As part of the summer reading theme (Libraries Rock!), we are playing classic music-themed movies every other Monday. You won't want to miss it!
- See the list of movie titles we are currently playing, along with the dates shown.
- Book Discussion Groups
- The WPL book group meets every second Tuesday evening of each month at 6:00.
- See our book discussion group page for more details and a list of books that will be discussed.
- Reader's Advisory
- A "New Books" list appears each month online and in the "New Fiction" and "New Nonfiction" displays.
- Watch for changing displays by the nonfiction department and magazine rack. Books displayed are always available for checkout.
- Current displays:
- In front of the nonfiction shelves:
- On the left: Safety Awareness Month - information focusing on the great outdoors and staying safe while enjoying yourself this summer! Free sample-sized sunscreen and bug repellent packs are available for you to take along on your next outdoor adventure!
- On the right: A salute to our amazing WPL volunteers, info about using the Libby app for ereading, and a few great visually stunning oversized books to peruse!
- On top of the magazine shelves: Summer Reading Program information, because LIBRARIES ROCK!
- Computer and Internet Access
- Available to all adult patrons
- eBook Assistance
- Appointments must be scheduled for this one on one service.
- Presentations and Enrichment Events
- It is our goal to provide relevant, interesting, and educational programs to our adult patrons.
- This includes a number of activities, including seminars on financial planning, blood drives, and craft workshops.
- Check our Library Events page for scheduled programs.
We look forward to seeing you!