|Mon:||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tue:||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wed:||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Thu:||10:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Fri:||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Sat:||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Sun:||Library is Closed|
The Warren Library Association was founded in 1873 as a free public library under the Laws of Pennsylvania and celebrated its 145th anniversary in 2018. Through the generous contribution of Thomas Struthers in 1882, the library was able to locate in the Struthers Library Theatre building, where it provided service to the citizens of Warren for 33 years. As a matter of fact, the theater was established to financially support the library. In 1916, the library moved to its present location at 205 Market Street.
In 1962, Warren was designated as the district library center for 17 public libraries in five counties in northwestern PA and has been appointed by the County Commissioners as the county library for Warren County. A twelve person Board of Directors appointed by the County Commissioners, the City of Warren, and representatives elected from the Association governs the Warren Library Association.
What We Offer
As a patron of the Warren Library Association, you have access to over 108,000 books, audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs on the premises; millions more are available through Interlibrary Loan. We also offer nearly 7000 e-books and e-audiobooks. The library subscribes to over 100 magazines and newspapers; our participation in the PA POWER Library program offers you full text electronic access to over 4,000 more. We have a collection of historic Warren County photographs and newspapers in our Reference Department, and a climate-controlled Pennsylvania History Room.
The library catalog and databases can be accessed 24/7, as can many reference questions through Ask Here PA. We also offer public computers and laptops, e-readers, and wi-fi access.
The library sponsors a wide variety of programs for all ages and offers public meeting room space for individuals, groups, and organizations.
We have an active and enthusiastic Friends of the Library group that supports the library in fundraising and volunteer efforts.