• District Home
  • District Calendar
  • Librarian's Corner
  • OverDrive Support
  • Inter Library Loan
  • Services
  • Cameron County
  • -Emporium
  • Elk County
  • -Johnsonburg
  • -Ridgway
  • -St. Marys
  • -Wilcox

  • Forest County
  • -Marienville
  • -Tionesta

  • McKean County
  • -Bradford
  • -Kane
  • -Mt. Jewett
  • -Port Allegany
  • -Smethport

  • Warren County
  • -Sheffield
  • -Sugar Grove
  • -Tidioute
  • -Warren
  • -Youngsville
  • Sugar Grove Free Library
    22 Harmon Street
    PO Box 313
    Sugar Grove, PA 16350
    Phone & Fax: (814) 489-7872
    Director: Kimberly Wilson

    The Sugar Grove Free Library catalog is on the internet!

    In 1874 Dr. C.J. Phillips donated a room in his home to serve as library and reading room.  In 1881 the Hopkins Library housed in the Sugar Grove Seminary, was well supplied with the "latest and best" books, a contribution of H.J. Hopkins of Pleasantville.  In 1893 this same donor gave $1,000 to bring that collection up-to-date. In 1895 the General Town Library, consisting of some 400 volumes, was transferred to the Union School for the "convenience and benefit of the pupils."  On May 12th, 1936, the President of the Sugar Grove Reading Club, Mrs. Alfred A. Grant, called a meeting of all persons interested in forming a free library association.  That evening a constitution was adopted.  In June of 1936 the Borough Council granted permission to house the Sugar Grove Library in the Council Building.  In 1961 the trustees voted to join the Warren County Library Association, a member of the Seneca District.  

    On December 21, 1975, the Sugar Grove Free Library building was presented as a gift to the people of Sugar Grove and the surrounding area by Mr. & Mrs. Howard Curtis. At the grand opening, the last paragraph of the program stated:  "Today, December 21, 1975, the Sugar Grove area no longer dreams of a new library building.  The dream is a reality.  Your Library - a precious heritage.  Protect it!  Support it!  Use it!"