The S.W. Smith Memorial Library The Bradford Area Public Library Friends' Memorial Public Library is a member of the One Screen McKean online catalog.
The Samuel W Smith Memorial Library was founded in 1928 by Mrs. Eleanor smith in memory of her late husband, Samuel W. Smith. In 1987, a bookmobile was added to help serve the outlying townships of Eldred Township, Otto Township and Eldred Borough. Currently, funds are being raised to build a new library on the corner of Maple and Pine Streets in Port Allegany.